The JB Marks Education Trust Fund grants bursary to 200 qualified undergraduates and 50 post-graduate students each year to paid-up NUM members or former members (retired, retrenched, disabled or deceased) and their dependents and family members.
JB Marks Education Trust Fund invites applicants to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 30 November 2021
JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary 2022/2023
- Every year, the JB Marks Education Trust Fund invites postgraduate students to apply for their bursary award. The bursary is available to NUM members and their dependents (including children and spouses). There will be 50 bursaries awarded for postgraduate studies.
- Bursaries will be awarded for studies in critical fields only (as defined and approved by the Board of Trustees) will be accepted.
- The value of the bursary is determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the field of study, and will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis due to a limitation on funding.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an acceptance letter (via physical delivery, post or email), as well as to all NUM national branches. If you do not receive any correspondence or acceptance letter by 31 December 2021, and your name is not on the NUM regional list, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please note the following terms and conditions before applying:
The bursary award can NOT be used to pay off existing study loans or debts.
If students drop out of their studies within the first 6 months, they will be required to pay back the bursary.
If students change their course of study or their institution after the bursary has been awarded, the bursary will be immediately withdrawn.
If students receive study funding from any other source, the bursary award will be cancelled and the student will be required to pay back the bursary.
- You must be a NUM members who has NOT been previously funded by the Trust
- You must have graduated from undergraduate studies within the last 2 years
- You must be studying within a critical field of study
- How to apply JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary 2022/2023
- Applications must be submitted electronically via email to the Professional Development Officer: [email protected]
(Insert the words “JBM2022 Postgraduate Application” in the email subject line).
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your email application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary South Africa 2020
JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary SA 2022 – 2023
Motivational letter (1 page: maximum 1000 words)
Full academic record, including aademic transcript of your 1st or 2nd degree
Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institute (on tertiary letterhead)
Quotation for postgraduate study fees
(Note: all supporting documents must be compiled in to 1 document and named in the following format: “Surname_Initials_JBM2022 Postgraduate Application”)