Senior Associate: Listed Equities – (50020)
- Closing Date of Advert: 18/10/2021
- Job Title: Senior Associate: Listed Equities
- Organizational Unit: Industrial Development Corporation Ltd -> Client Support and Growth
- Job Type: Contract
- Category: Client Management
- Education Level: Bachelors Degree
- Location: GP ZA (Primary)
• To implement and maintain portfolio management of the listed equity market portfolios, including restructurings and corporate actions and obtaining the most value through the development and implementation of value creation plans and relationship building, to achieve sustained growth and maximized profitability for the business partner which will result in the IDC partaking in the benefit realization.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Post investment management, performance monitoring and performance reporting of allocated portfolio of complex and technical business partners
• Working closely with business partners to identify areas for growth and value creation, crafting and monitoring the implementation of the value creation plans
• Periodically conduct fair values of equity investments and impairment reviews in accordance with the approved IDC guidelines and policies
• In collaboration with the business partner management team, define KPI’s and design dashboards to collect data for progress monitoring of such KPI’s.
• Build sound relationships with business partner management teams and boards through regular visits to / engagements with business partners
• Proactively identify early warning signals and initiate appropriate intervention processes where necessary, exercising step-in rights early to limit potential losses
• Monitor strategic initiative through data insights, dashboards and reports to identify deviations from agreed plans and take appropriate action.
• Collaborate with Business Units to obtain expert insights relative to specific sectors.
• Implement and manage a process for forecasting Business Partner dividends and future projections and variants on dividend income to determine contribution to IDC funding.
• Obtain/Research and analyze market, industry and financial reviews to gain insights and trends to identify growth opportunities and areas of concern.
• Ensure that all necessary amendments to contracts during the life span of the business partner are adequately executed.
• Ensure that all exits processes i.e. early settlement, IRR and other calculations and release of security on allocated portfolio of business partners are properly executed.
• Promptly monitor all payments due to IDC including interest, capital, dividends, fees etc. on allocated portfolio of Business Partners.
• Analyze financial information from allocated business partners on a regular basis and assess the need for initiating intervention based on the analysis
• Work closely with the boards and management teams of the Business Partners to ensure that the Business Partners are profitable.
• Monitor and evaluate that proper governance structures exist and are being applied
• Monitor and evaluate compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation;
• Work collaboratively with members of the IDC teams to ensure that the investee companies under management achieve their stated targets and forecasts.
• Prepare portfolio reports as and when required on the portfolio under management
• Provide continuous technical guidance to the fellow teams in all key areas of their responsibilities.
• Forecast of value share prices & dividend incomes and recommend equity selling options and timing to assist with the liquidity and funding of the IDC.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• The candidate should at least have 8-10 years of relevant experience in post investment monitoring or portfolio performance management.
• Experience in a Corporate Finance environment and specifically in Listed Investments
• 5 years’ experience in a private equity environment will be an added advantage.
• Experience working in the financial services industry e.g. a commercial bank
• Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while building effective relationships
• Thorough understanding of developing Value Creation activities
• Extremely organized and persistent, with drive and determination to achieve goals
• Experience in M&A, due diligence, drawdowns and exit process of investments is essential
• Knowledge of financial markets (including equity capital markets), regulation and legislation
• Financial modelling essential
• Value Creation Planning
• Portfolio Management
• Analytical/Diagnostic Skills
• Financial modelling
• Transaction structuring
• Business/Commercial Acumen
• Client Insights & Focus
• Formulating strategies and concepts
• Report writing Skills
• Project Management Skills
• Technical and Problem Solving
• Creating & Innovating
• Stakeholder engagement
• Good Communication Skills (verbal and written)
• Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
• Negotiating & Influencing
• Deciding and Initiating
• Stakeholder Management
• Planning and Organizing
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
BCom Accounting or BEng / BSc or similar qualification
Post-graduate degree / Honours or CA(SA) would be an advantage
MBA/MBL would be an advantage
CFA, or similar would be an advantage
Special Requirement: As our entity (IDC) provides financing and funding, the need to ensure Trust, Honesty and Integrity in all financial and non-financial activities must be above reproach