Guide How to use Service Tool v.5301, Service Tool v.5306
Service Tool v.5301, Service Tool v.5306;- The Service Tool can be used to reset the printer if the printer is in Service Mode. After the printer enters Service Mode, open the Service Tool and reset the printer. Here’s how to reset the waste ink counter value.
How to use Service Tool v.5301, Service Tool v.5306
A. How to enter Service Mode
The AC Power cable is connected to a power source, the printer’s USB cable is connected to the computer, and the printer is off. Then pay attention to the Power/ON button and the Stop/Reset//Resume/Cancel button.
1. Press and hold the Stop/Reset/Resume/Cancel button (keep the Stop/Reset/Resume/Cancel button pressed and don’t release it) then,
2. Press and hold the Power/ON button (keep pressing the Power/ON button and do not release it.) Look at the Power/ON LED, if the Power/ON LED turns green/blue it means procedures 1 and 2 have been carried out correctly.
3. Just release the Stop/Reset/Resume/Cancel button, while the Power/On button is still being held, then
4. While holding down the Power/On button, press the Stop/Reset/Resume/Cancel button 5 times (read Note), then release the Power/ON button. Wait a few moments, the Power/ON LED will flash and finally turn green/blue. If the Power/ON LED turns green/blue, it means that the printer has entered Service Mode.
– 5 times means entering Service Mode with a scanner
– 6 times means entering Service Mode without a scanner.
B. How to use Service Tool to reset the waste ink counter value
Each time the printer will print, the printer will automatically perform print head cleaning. This print head cleaning process produces waste ink and this waste ink is collected in the waste ink absorber. Until one day, the waste ink absorber was full and the error “Warning: The ink absorber becomes almost full or Ink absorber full”, with error code: 1700, 1702, 1703, 1704, 1705, 1712, 1713, 1714, 1715, E08, 5B00, 5B02, 5B03, 5B04, 5B05, 5B12, 5B13, 5B14, 5B15, P07.
After the printer enters Service Mode, open the Service Tool and follow the procedure below.
5. Download Service Tool v.5306
6. Extract the rar file then open the Service Tool.
7. Load A4 or Letter paper (5 sheets), then follow the procedure according to the image.
How to use Service Tool v.5301, Service Tool v.5306
8. Print EEPROM (1) data. Wait a few moments, the printer will print the EEPROM data from the printer, then pay attention to the print out of the EEPROM data. The waste ink amount is symbolized in D / Ds / Ps / Dp. See examples 1, 2, 3, 4 in figure.
D = Main waste ink amount
D_BK = Main black waste ink amount
D_CL = Main color waste ink amount
Ds = Platen waste ink amount
Ps = Platen waste ink amount
Dp = Platen waste ink amount
Dp_AW = Platen away waste ink amount
Dp_HM = Platen home waste ink amount
Example #1 – EEPROM data with value D
– If the EEPROM data value D is found, reset “MAIN ink absorber counter”. See example #1.
Example #2 – EEPROM data with value D, Ds or Ps
– If the EEPROM data values D, Ds / Ps are found, then reset “MAIN and PLATEN ink absorber counters”. See example #2.
– If the maximum D value (D=100.0), while the Ds / Ps value is too small (Ds=000.3 / Ps=000.0) then reset the MAIN ink absorbent counter, while the PLATEN ink absorbent counter does not need to be reset. See example #2.
Example #3 – EEPROM data with value D, Dp_AW, Dp_HM
– If the EEPROM data values D, Dp_AW, Dp_HM are found, then reset the ink absorber counter: MAIN, PLATEN_AWAY and PLATEN_HOME. See example #3.
– If the maximum D value (D=100.0) while the Dp_AW or Dp_HM value is too small (Dp_AW=002.6, Dp_HM=001.1) then reset the MAIN ink absorber counter, while the PLATEN_AWAY ink absorber counter and PLATEN_HOME ink absorber counter, no need to reset . See example #3.
Example #4 – EEPROM data with value D_BK, D_CL, Dp_AW, Dp_HM
– If the EEPROM data values are found: D_BK, D_CL, Dp_AW, Dp_HM, then reset the ink absorbent counter: MAIN_BLACK, MAIN_COLOR, PLATEN_AWAY and PLATEN_HOME. See example #4.
– If the maximum D_BK and D_CL values (D_BK=100.0 and D_CL=094.3) while the Dp_AW or Dp_HM values are too small (Dp_AW=009.9, Dp_HM=010.4) then reset the ink absorber counters MAIN_BLACK and MAIN_COLOR, while PLATEN_AWAY and PLATEN_HOME no need to reset. See example #4.
Of the four EEPROM examples above, choose the one that suits your printer’s condition, and do a reset according to the EEPROM data you have.
9. Ink Absorber Counter – select Main (2) to reset Main_Black and Main_Color ink absorber, Counter Value(%) = 0 (3) to reset ink absorber counter value to 0%, then click Set (4) for execution.. Wait a few moments, the printer will print Main ink counter value after reset in the upper left corner of the paper.
the main ink absorbent counter is reset to zero
Reset Main ink counter (D)
The D_BK and D_CL values after resetting
Reset Main Black and Color ink counter (D_BK and D_CL)
10. Print the EEPROM (1) data again after reset, then compare the data EEPROM before and after reset. If the value of D / D_BK / D_CL after reset is 000.0 it means that resetting the waste ink counter has been successful.
11. If all goes well, turn off the printer by pressing the Power/ON button. Wait about 15 seconds then turn the printer back ON. Done.
Questions and Answers
Q: When the “Ink absorber full” error occurs, what should I do?
A: All you have to do is reset the waste ink counter to zero, followed by replacing the waste ink absorber with a new one. If a new waste ink absorber is not available in the market, you can clean the ink absorber and use it again. Resetting the waste ink counter becomes effective when the waste ink absorber is replaced or cleaned.
Q: The Service Tool cannot be opened, or all buttons in the Service Tool are inactive, or an error code appears: 002, 005, 006 when using the Service Tool. What to do?
A: Complete information regarding this issue, please read the Canon Service Tool Error Code Mean (Error code: 002, 005, 006, 007, 009, etc)
Q: Where can I get other Canon Service Tools?
A: For complete information regarding Canon Service Tool collection, please open Canon Service Tool Version
Q: I don’t know which Service Tool supports my printer, where can I get information about it?
A: For complete information regarding Canon printers and the Service Tools used, please open the Canon Service Tools and Supported Printers
If you have trouble trying to repair your printer yourself, we recommend asking a Canon Service Center or a printer repair professional for help.