easy way How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures on iPhone and Android
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures on iPhone and Android
– Recover deleted WhatsApp images –
Did you know that you can recover deleted pictures from your WhatsApp? This article describes the easiest and fastest ways to get them back.
WhatsApp is an integral part of our daily communication and any loss of information is very frustrating. It’s like a nightmare to lose your whatsapp images.
But, surprisingly, it happens more often than you think, and recovering those deleted WhatsApp images is not easy unless you have a reliable solution like a recovery program for WhatsApp.
Where are WhatsApp photos stored?
All images ever sent from your computer or received via WhatsApp will be saved automatically.
You can find media from this messenger on Android smartphones in a folder called WhatsApp in the internal memory.
Inside the WhatsApp directory, there are three subfolders. Open “Media”, find “WhatsApp Pictures” and view its contents.
Typically, if a photo has been deleted from a chat but not from your smartphone’s gallery, you’ll find it in this folder.
On some smartphones and tablets, WhatsApp file folders are stored on removable media, such as a micro SD card, instead of internal storage.
This usually happens if you have a Chinese device with modified (rooted) firmware.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures on iPhone
Directly Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures from iPhone
Follow these simple steps to recover deleted WhatsApp pictures from your iPhone.
Note. You may not be able to recover WhatsApp images from your iPhone directly with this tool. You can try restoring from iTunes if you have backed up before.
- Download Dr.Fone, run it on your computer and click Data Recovery.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable, then select Restore iPhone Data.
- Check “WhatsApp and attachments”.
- Click “Start Scan” to scan deleted WhatsApp images.
- When the scan is completed, the recovered items will appear in the categories.
- Select the items you want to restore and click “Recover to Computer”.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images/Images from iTunes Backup
Step 1: Download and Launch Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS)
- Download and run the program, click Data Recovery.
- Select “Recover iOS Data” and then choose “Restore” from the “iTunes Backup File” tab.
- All iTunes backup files on your computer will be displayed.
- Select the file containing your lost WhatsApp images and scan the files with “Start Scan”.
Step 2: Recovered WhatsApp Images
- Once the scan is completed, review the data and select the WhatsApp files you want to recover.
- Click “Recover” to save the files to your computer.
- You can also save them directly to your iPhone.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures/Images from iCloud Backup
This tool temporarily only supports recovery from iCloud under ios 10.2. Otherwise, you can connect to your iCloud account after using this tool.
Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone Toolkit.
- Launch Dr.Fone Toolkit, click Data Recovery.
- Select “Recover iOS Data” and then navigate to “Restore” in the “iCloud Backup File” tab.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Check all iCloud backup files.
- Select the files containing your deleted WhatsApp items.
- Download the files to your computer or directly to your iPhone.
Step 2: fast processing
- In the pop-up window, select WhatsApp attachments to shorten the scanning time.
Step 3: Restore Now
- While scanning, browse through the files and select the images you want to recover.
- Click “Restore” to save the data to your computer or directly to your iPhone.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Pictures on Android
If you have lost WhatsApp images and have backed up your data on SD card, you can try using this tool to recover them.
Step 1: Don’t Overwrite
- When you lose WhatsApp data, don’t overwrite it. Do not update files or send messages otherwise you may lose your data forever.
Step 2: Download and Launch Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android)
- Download and install the software on your computer
- Connect your Android device to your computer with a USB cable.
Step 3. Debugging the device
- Enable debugging on your Android device.
- For debugging, follow the instructions of Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android).
Step 4: Choose a data type
- Now select the type of data you want to scan. You will have a list of options including contacts, messages, videos, call history, gallery and more.
- Select WhatsApp Messages and Attachments to scan files.
Step 5: Relive the Moments
- Once the scan is completed, select the WhatsApp images you want to recover and click “Recover” to finally retrieve the deleted images.
How to recover whatsapp images from startup
In addition to the Media folder, there is a Backups directory in the WhatsApp folder where all backups are stored.
Messenger automatically generates them once a day / week / month if this feature was previously enabled in the settings. By default, backups are created every night.
If you deleted a photo from Android Gallery and/or Chat that was more than a day old, try restoring it from a backup. To restore images or chat from a backup, you need to:
- Delete whatsapp messenger.
- Reinstall it.
- Enter your phone number to sign in to your account.
- When the system prompts you to restore data from a backup, agree.
- Wait for the installation and recovery process to complete.
Remember that your backup contains files that you received in the last week. It is likely that the documents you are looking for will not be found in this archive.
In addition, we advise you to set up daily backups to prevent accidental deletion of photos/data. This can be done through the settings in the “Chats” section called “Backing up chats.”
We hope you enjoyed this article and found it very helpful. If you have questions or suggestions, please leave a comment and also share this article with your friends.