The shows you view on online media streaming have a significant impact on the shows that appear in your feed. The same is true of your watch history.
I was scrolling through my Hulu feed for something to watch a bit ago. I was perplexed to see that none of the shows mentioned were to my taste.
That’s when I discovered I’d given my credentials to a few friends. Their viewing history was interfering with the show recommendations.
That’s when I had the epiphany, “What if I start managing the watch history?”
“After doing some investigation, I discovered that will help with the recommendations.”
However, I had no idea how to see or manage the Hulu app’s watch history.
As a result, I conducted research and decided to provide a thorough list of instructions on how to monitor and alter your watch history in order to assist people like myself.
To check and manage your Hulu app’s watch history, go to the “My Stuff” section on your Hulu webpage. Simply hover over the individual item you wish to handle and choose the choices you want to pursue.
How to Obtain Access to Your Hulu Watch History
For a living, I automate homes.
Everything I post on my blog is in response to reader requests. Get my most popular internet, TV, and smart home solutions delivered directly to your email.
I agree to receive emails and tailored advertisements.
The “All Viewing History” or “Keep Watching” sections provide the history of your prior viewing sessions. To view these sections, use the home button.
You may view all of the series and movies you’ve seen in this section.
Checking Individual Episodes in Your Hulu Watch History
Individual episodes in your Hulu Watch History can be found in the “All Watch History” and “Keep Watching” tabs.
You may examine the history of the shows you’ve viewed here, but not individual episodes from each show.
Individual episodes can be accessed by going to the information page of the series you were viewing.
Individual episodes can also be added to “My Stuff” on the current version of the Hulu App or the Watchlist hub on the older version.
On the earlier Hulu app, you must first choose the specific show or movie and then navigate to the details page in the pop-up menu that appears, where you can select (-) to remove the show or (+) to add the show.
The “Keep Watching” column does not provide information on how many episodes of the series have still to be watched; however, this information is available on the ‘details’ page.
Individual episodes cannot be viewed under the “Keep Watching” section, which stores all of the movies and shows you’ve recently watched.
How to Delete a Movie or Show From Hulu’s Watch History
Removing specific TV series or movies from your watchlist might also help to reduce the clutter and streamline your suggestions.
This article will walk you through the process of removing particular items from your watch history.
Follow these procedures to access and manage your watch history from your browser:
- Log in to the HULU website and go to the “My Stuff” section.
- Place the cursor over the specific TV show or movie for more information.
- To choose an item, click the “+” icon.
- Finally, click “remove” to delete the show or movie.
App for Smartphone
Follow these steps to view and manage your smartphone’s watch history:
- Log in to the Hulu app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Select the “Keep Watching” or “All Watch History” tabs.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the show or movie you wish to delete.
- A menu will appear with the option “remove from watch history”; click this to erase the chosen item.
Follow these steps to examine and manage your smart TV’s watch history:
- Navigate to the Hulu app on your Smart TV.
- To view the details of the TV show or movie you wish to delete, choose it.
- Choose between “Manage Series” or “Manage Movie.”
- Select the “delete from watch history” option from the menu that appears.
- When you click “confirm,” the selected item will be erased.
How To Remove A Movie Or Show From Other Sections
However, deleting a TV show or movie will not remove it from other portions of the app, such as the “My Stuff” section, your Suggestions, or your Search sections.
To delete a show or movie from “My Stuff,” go to the show’s information page or even the “My Stuff” hub.
To stop suggestions for the show, go to the ‘You May Also Like’ section and select the Dislike or Stop suggesting buttons from your home button.
The steps for removing shows from your search history are provided below. The similar function is available in the previous app via the Watchlist.
These are the steps to remove a show from My Stuff on your various streaming devices:
- Proceed to the My Stuff Bar.
- Select the minus sign (-) in the upper left corner of the show you want to eliminate.
- Click the’remove’ button.
App for Smartphone
- Make your way to the My Stuff section.
- Select any show by clicking the three-dot icon.
- A drop-down option will appear, from which you must select remove.
- Proceed to My Stuff.
- To erase a title, click on it.
- On the show’s information page, click Remove from My Stuff.
How to Delete Hulu Watch History
If shows from different profiles are being jumbled up, or if you simply want to start watching entirely different types of content, you should delete your Hulu Search history completely.
This is a detailed method to erasing your full search history from any device:
- Log in to your Hulu account using a browser and go to the Account Page.
- Select the “California Privacy Rights” link.
- You will be sent to the Manage Activity section, where you can click on “watch history” and then on the “Clear Selected” button.
- You will be prompted to confirm your option, after which your viewing history will be deleted.
- Open the Hulu app on your television.
- Select the movie or show you want to remove from your history and then click the “Manage Movie” or “Manage Series” button.
- Choose “Remove from watch history” and click the confirm button.
- To remove your complete “watch history,” you must use your web browser to access your app.
- Use your mobile device to access the Hulu app.
- Go to the “Keep Watching” Section.
- In the upper right corner of the show thumbnail, click the three dots.
- Choose “delete from watch history.”
Why has a show/movie vanished from my Hulu watch history?
This frequently occurs in many shows or movies. Because Hulu may not have renewed the deal for the show to run on their streaming service, the show’s validity on the Hulu service has expired.
Similarly, for individual episodes of a series, Hulu may limit the amount of episodes of a certain show that can be viewed on their site.
You may keep up with all of these developments via your “My Stuff” Hub or the Watchlist on older versions of the app.
Can You Pause Hulu Watch History?
Unfortunately, there is no way to permanently prevent Hulu from tracking your viewing history.
The best technique to remove tracking on Hulu is to delete the watch history. This helps the platform simplify the type of content that is in demand from users, as well as to make your suggestion list more streamlined.
How to Delete Hulu Search History
You must first navigate to the search bar on Hulu in order to access the search history.
You will be able to see and manage all of your searches here. Simply click “Clear All” to clear the whole search history.
Can You Pause Your Hulu Search History?
“Search history” on Hulu, like “Watch history,” is used to simplify the app’s suggestions and overall content demand and cannot be turned off permanently.
The only way to clear your search history is to delete it.
Please contact customer service.
If you have any further questions, please contact Hulu customer service. The team will be able to provide you with a better, more personalized solution to any problem.
Controlling your watch history and search history can be incredibly beneficial, especially if you share accounts on the same app.
This allows you to combine your individual watching collections into a broader list that meets the demands of all users.
Managing your watch history is analogous to making a playlist of tunes, a replacement for the old mixed cassettes we all used to collect years ago.
Filter the watch history every few weeks to get better, more tailored recommendations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you delete your Hulu watch history?
Yes, you can remove your Hulu viewing history by entering into your Hulu App from your browser and clicking on the “California Privacy Rights” button, from where you should be able to quickly navigate onto the “Manage Activity” Section.
What became of my Hulu watchlist?
The Hulu app occasionally experiences issues like this after updates; in this instance, it’s usually best to wait or contact Hulu support directly if the problem persists for an extended period of time. You can also look at these troubleshooting tips for more assistance.
Why can’t I remove a show from my Hulu queue?
This is usually because you saved episodes of the show to your Watchlist or My Stuff bar.
The best way to undo this is to go to the show’s information page and look for the My Episodes tab. If any saved episodes exist, they will be presented there.
Is it possible to create a playlist on Hulu?
This is a nice addition to the Hulu app for browsers, smart TVs, and mobile devices.
To access it, simply click the Plus icon on any program and add it to an existing playlist or create a new one to add it to.
What exactly is my stuff?
My Stuff is a sophisticated feature of Hulu’s most current app versions that automatically organizes your material into four categories: shows, movies, sports, and networks.
Adding a show to My Stuff, for example, reveals all of the show’s data, including the amount of episodes remaining to watch and new episodes added.