These are the steps for flashing or installing the Sony Xperia Stock ROM (.ftf firmware) with the Xperia Flash Tool.
Caution: Using the Xperia Flash Tool to flash or install firmware will erase all data from the device. As a result, we recommend that you create a backup of your data before using the program.
On Xperia devices, install.ftf Firmware (ROM).
- Install the Sony Xperia USB Driver on your PC. If you already have Xperia Drivers installed, you may skip this step.
- On the computer, download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware. After extracting the firmware, you should be able to obtain the following files (with the.ftf extension):
Firmware for Sony Xperia
- Install the Sony Xperia Flash Tool on your PC. If you already have the Xperia Flash Tool installed, you may skip this step.
- After installing the Sony Xperia Flash Tool, launch it from the Desktop Shortcut or the Start Menu. You may also use the C:Flashtool folder to start the Flash Tool.
Sony Mobile Flasher is now available.
- When you run Sony Xperia Flashtool, you will see the following screen:
Sony Portable Flasher
- Select the Flash Button.
Flash Button for Sony Mobile Flasher
- You should now be able to view the Bootmode. Select Dialog Box. Select the Flashboot option and press the OK button.
FlashMode Sony Mobile Flasher
- Click the Browse Button to put the downloaded Xperia Firmware (.ftf) into the flashtool.
Find Sony Mobile Flasher
- Find and open the Firmware Folder:
- Once the Firmware has been loaded into the Flash Tool, use the dropdown button to select the Firmware version.
Sony Portable Flasher Choose a Firmware Version
- To begin the flashing procedure, check all of the checkboxes in the Wipe section and click the Flash button:
- Start Flash Sony Mobile Flasher
- Turn off the Xperia device > Hold the Volume Down button while connecting the handset to the PC with the USB cord.
Connect your mobile computer.
- After properly connecting the device to the computer, flashing will begin and take 5-10 minutes to finish.
Flashing Sony Mobile Flasher
- When the flashing is finished, remove your device from the computer and switch it on.
Once, read this:[*] Caution: Using the following method to flash or install firmware may delete the device’s data. As a result, we recommend that you create a backup of your data before proceeding with the lesson above. [*] Sony Xperia Firmware: To obtain the original firmware for your smartphone, go to the Download Sony Stock Firmware page. [*] Sony Xperia Driver: If you need the original USB Driver for your device, go to the Download Sony USB Driver page. [*] Credits: Androxyde designed and released Xperia FlashTool. As a result, he deserves full credit for freely releasing the Application.